Excerpted from the Lammas 2020 issue of Glad Tidings:
“Among the matters to be discussed and voted upon are the election of a new Convention President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Chancellor. The second reading shall be given to the Preface to the Constitution of the UECNA which was given its first reading and approved at the 2017 General Convention. The text of this is to be found on the UECNA website …
“Also slated to be discussed is a revision to the Canons.”
The document below includes the proposed changes with explanatory notes.
There is a limit on the number of attendees due to the ongoing public health situation. Although no problems are anticipated in hosting all who wish to register, clergy and delegates will have priority over observers.
- Quality Inn, 640 W. Broad Street, Waynesboro, VA 22980.
- The hotel is directly across the street from the church.
- Rates for Wednesday and Thursday nights are $80-109 per night, depending on room type.
- Mention “United Episcopal Church” to receive this rate.
- Waynesboro lies in the middle section of the Shenandoah Valley, close to the junction of I-81 and the eastern section of I-64, which runs from Staunton to Norfolk.
- The city is served by the following exits from I-64: 94, 96, 99.
- Amtrak serves Staunton (10 miles) and Charlottesville (26 miles).
- Convention is timed to coincide with the thrice-weekly Cardinal to/from Staunton.
- Charlottesville is served daily by the Crescent and Northeast Regional trains.
- Piper Robinson will be coordinating transport from the airports (SHD or CHO) or Amtrak station, or for those who will be renting a vehicle and are willing to carpool. Click here to contact her.
October weather in Waynesboro is an average high of 67 F and low of 43 F, with 6 days of rain.
Note: The Convocation of the Missionary Diocese of the East will be held on the afternoon of Friday, October 16th, from 1:00-4:30 p.m. Click here for more details.